Elaina Shively is an experienced trial attorney who has spent more than a decade successfully fighting for clients and solving complex problems in and out of the courtroom.
Elaina has comprehensive criminal law experience practicing both as a Deputy State Public Defender and as a Chief Deputy District Attorney in Colorado. As a Public Defender, Elaina provided effective representation for thousands of adults and juveniles facing all types of state charges. Elaina excelled in advocacy and negotiations, defending thousands of cases, and she defended over 40 jury trials.
During Elaina’s time as a District Attorney in the 20th Judicial District, she created and led important new initiatives including the DA’s robust and award-winning Diversion and Restorative Justice programs, Community Protection initiatives, and Conviction Integrity Unit. As a Division Chief, Elaina worked with multiple outside agencies to navigate and negotiate governmental policies. She regularly worked on statewide legislation, committees, and task forces, and even presented at the Colorado Governor’s Criminal Justice Forum. Elaina trained prosecutors and law enforcement on juvenile and criminal justice best practices across Colorado and nationally.
Elaina understands the impact that underlying incidents and pending cases have on clients and their families and will empathetically work with clients while delivering sound strategy and advice to achieve strong outcomes.
- Member of the 2020 Prosecution Leaders of Now inaugural program through the Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Graduate of the Colorado Bar Association’s COBALT program in 2022
- Recipient of the 2023 Boulder County Democratic Party Champion of Democracy Award
- Spending time with her husband and their two children and two black labs.
- Hiking, mountain biking, camping, and traveling to deserts, mountains, and oceans alike.